CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

LEGACY -- Did you leave one?

When you die, what will people say about you?

I don't mean, "Oh, she had the prettiest, longest eyelashes ever!" or "And you wouldn't believe how he could play the piano!"

No.

I mean, "She encouraged me to change who I was and to be a better person," or "When I was down, he really brought me up and helped me. I'll always remember this person and I want to be just like them."

As for me?

I want to be more concerned about the nurse who's helping me when I'm 94 years old on my death bed, more concerned about where she's GOING, where she will end up, than I am concerned about myself.

Where Are You Going?

Who Will Care?

Who Will Remember You For Your Love?

Your Legacy?

I've recently been touched by a dear friend named Talley. He is in his 90's+ and on his death bed. They say he has two days to two weeks as I write this. Everyone in church is ripped up over his leaving, but to watch his face when he talks of where he's going is just fantastic. He lights up and absolutely gushes.

Our teacher today said he went to visit Talley just this afternoon and one thing in particular stuck in his mind that the elderly man said. Something like this, "It's so simple, and people just don't get it! You don't have to read. You don't have to be a mathematics major. You don't have to be a rocket scientist! You don't even have to know first grade spelling. You just have to believe. And understand that God is God and not us."

I want to be like that.

Will you be like that?

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

I didn't leave one...yet.

LOL Right at first when I read that my thought was, "Oh, is my time UP?"

In all seriousness though, yes, I do believe, and yes, I hope that is THE singlemost important thing people remember about my life when I'm gone; that I believed, and that they can too. That there's hope in the face of hopelessness. Grace, when all else fails. Love such as we've never known here on this Earth.