CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The I-Look-Nice Feeling

As we all know, if we look good, we feel good. So here are a few tips for girls I came up with.

1. COMFORT MATTERS. You can look nice and be comfortable at the same time. [For those of you who like to run around in jeans and a t-shirt, try slacks and a polo shirt. It works, and you can actually get away with wearing nice tennis shoes with them!]

2. MAKEUP. ALWAYS. It doesn't matter if you're just staying home all day. When you wear makeup, you feel ready to greet and conquer the day!

3. HAIR. Make sure that your hair is always presentable. You wouldn't want your UPS man seeing you like you just got out of bed, after all. [Tragic. I know.] Seriously, do you want the people around you to think it's okay to go around with your hair unfixed, wearing sweat pants and a baggy shirt? I mean, who's attracted to that, anyway?

I recently went to a day full of exit exams at school, and upon arrival, my friend looked at me and said, "You don't LOOK sick!" [I had the flu.] No, I didn't look like it! Because I had stopped that morning to fix my hair, apply my makeup, and dress nicely.

It matters.

Be comfortable.

The good feeling of I-Look-Nice will follow.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Ok, so now I have to save money to buy slacks and a polo shirt. You said tennies work well with that, but I must say, my old $19 ones aren't gonna look good with that. Can you come up with some alternates on shoes there? For instance, Harold loves to see me in heels, but I hate 'em. What would be a good compromise?

Today I'm going to wear makeup. For you. For two weeks. Ugh.

Allie said...

GOOD GIRL! ^^ Well, slip ons look really nice with them. If you hate heels that much, try something that just has a thick sole. Or something. ?

You look so PRETTY when you wear makeup!

Btw, I hate polo shirts. Never wear the things. But I do wear nice 3/4 length sleeved tops. Those tend to look kinda classy.