CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Dear Daddy

Dear Daddy, today I rode my bike for the first time.
Of course, I fell off and I wished you were there to hold me.

Dear Daddy, Baby dumped a basket over on himself and we all smiled.
But we missed you all the while.

Dear Daddy, my front tooth is loose and Mama says it's a good sign.
Yesterday, my other one fell out and I wished you could've seen.

And Daddy smiled as another letter reached his trembling hands.
He ripped it open and read about "everything as it stands."

But an additional letter was attached with a little piece of tape.
Thus read the note:
We all await your arrival
and we're experts at survival.
We'd prefer you to the check
but I suppose you're stuck
fighting for your country.
May God give you hope,
and may you come home.

0 comments: