CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Summertime

Good morning!

Yes, it's really good, even if it IS zero degrees outside. Ugh! :)

I'm drinking coffee and awaiting the arrival of my student in a few minutes. Yesterday, I completed the FAFSA form and sent it in. I should get an email in 3 or 4 business days. I so hope I get a grant; I need one. I also need a job, still. Jess and I are thinking about singing at a restaurant for a commission, till we have enough money to pay off everything. It'd be fun, and we'd get money at the same time! What more do we need? Haha. Anyway, I'll have to ask her about that. We could sing "Pie Jesu" since we both know it, and we could sing "Summertime." I want to work out an arrangement of "What a Wonderful World", Louis Armstrong styleish.

Summer time...
And the livin' is easy.
Fish are jumpin'...
and the cotton is high.
Oh, your daddy's rich,
and your momma's good lookin'...
So hush little baby, don't you cry.

One of these mornin's...
You're gonna rise up singin'.
Then you'll spread yo' wings...
and you'll take to th' sky.
But till that mornin',
there's a-nothin' can harm you
with daddy and mommy
standin' by.

0 comments: