CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Pokerdots and Moonshine (rewritten to the tune of "Polkadots and Moonlight")

A country dance was being held in a garden
I felt a tap and heard a "Sir, would you like one?"
Suddenly I saw pokerdots and moonshine
all around a glass of wine

The music started and was I the perplexed one
I drained my glass and said "May I have a third one?"
In my starry eyes pokerdots and moonshine
all around that glass of wine

There were questions in the eyes of other dancers
as again I asked for one more
There were questions but my heart knew all the answers
it said per-haps just one more

Now here I join in with the poker and laughter
I hear the constant warning of "Please talk softer!"
Now too all my friends see pokerdots and moonshine
all around their glasses of wine

My country ranch was being sold at an auction
It seemed my troubles came all too often
But I know the cause - pokerdots and moonshine
made me lose this life of mine.

0 comments: